0203 750 5978
over 1 year ago
This is a full-time role and the candidate will be based in the office in Halifax, West Yorkshire for a minimum 2 days per week but to be able to travel globally if required. Home working is permitted when feasible for client needs.
The purpose of the role is to deliver projects on time, to specification and within budget. At the same time, promoting our client's brand to provide solutions fit for purpose by involving the right people to focus on quality of installations and having a strong, caring commitment to their customers.
The role holder must ensure that Project Management procedures are adhered to by all internal staff and external partners and that all issues and risks are controlled, managed and resolved to meet delivery targets.
Quality Assurance is a key part of the role and it is the person’s responsibility that systems and procedures are in place, understood by all, measured and reported on.
Key Result Areas/Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensures all internal projects have all relevant project documentation to ensure there is clarity on objectives and deliverables throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensures appropriate planning is in place for projects including risk and issue procedures, project accounting systems and controls.
- Production of project plans and gantt charts to track progress – updates these on a regular basis as part of the reporting requirements.
- Ensures weekly communication updates are given to the relevant stakeholders within each project but including Project Director. These updates to include:
- Progress v Plans
- Issues and actions to resolve
- Risks which could delay delivery and sign off
- Any changes to the scope, time or quality and impact assessment undertaken.
- Ensures appropriate project structures are put in place to control decisions and provide support to the PM where required.
- Ensures appropriate commissioning and testing of new processes and systems takes place
- Ensures Sign off procedures are put in place
- Ensures training is put in place and is properly evaluated.
- Ensures Quality Assurance Systems are in place and measured on an agreed basis
- Ensures all project members are aware of their roles and responsibilities in the delivery of the job
- Minimises risk and exposure on all projects by documenting all risks and managing the mitigating actions – updates this throughout the project as required.
- Ensures all Project Plans contain appropriate contingency and that resources are allocated correctly.
- Ensures project documentation is complete, current and is accessible.
- Resolving escalated issues
- Undertakes benefits realisation 3 months after the project is completed.
- Reporting internally on project performance as follows:
- a) Daily to the Operations Director at the Operations meeting on all jobs – progress v plan, risks, issues and actions taken to get it back on track.
- b) Produces project dashboard weekly to share with the Directors.
- Highlights issues and actions taken to resolve to the Operations Director immediately.
- Produces quality weekly reports for all stakeholders, including project high and lows with key risks and issues identified and mitigated.
- Attend weekly/monthly site PDR’s globally when required.
- Create and agree with all stakeholder’s communication plans at the outset of every project.
- Ensures all projects are monitored for costs v budget. Any exceptions are reported to the Project Director.
- Tracks and reports on budget v actual on a weekly basis
- Liaises with Services Administration in the tracking of expenses
- Ensure benefits realisation and evaluation takes place for assigned projects as in project practice above
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management
- From a AV/VC background
- Understanding of VOIP and SIP
- Ability to think on their feet
- Excellent Leadership and Delegation skills
- Ability to facilitate project meetings.
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and face to face and the ability to generate strong and lasting customer relationships
- Excellent man-management skills
- Excellent planner and can reprioritise at short notice
- Understands Quality Assurance
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills for problem resolution
Nice to have
- Cisco certified both Network and VC
- Experience working within construction environments
- Experience delivering global projects