London - South
0203 750 5976
JA / 40
7 months ago
The Role Summary
Our clients excellent Production Team offer and deliver technical production solutions to live events, contributing a large amount to a wide variety of clients on a diverse mix of projects in markets such as fashion, retail and corporate.
You will be making use of the company’s vast stock of lighting, sound and video equipment and working vigorously with other in house teams and external specialists, these teams have a reputation for delivering high end solutions and first class customer service.
The role of the Business Development Manager requires a huge amount of communication combined with an extensive amount of proven customer liaison and sales skills, and a deep knowledge of the entertainment technology industry under their remit. One of the most important aspect's of the role involves meeting and communicating with potential and existing customers in order to grow the new business area for the company, with a specific focus on technical production in the corporate/live events industry.
You will have a solid understanding of the various products and services that our client offers. With this and being able to have the ability to meet targets, you will thrive in this role and have a large scope for progression to move up within the business. You will occasionally be asked to travel countrywide and also partake in any overnight stays that are necessary A smart and appropriate appearance is also need when representing our client. The work split is approximately 50% at the London Head Office and 50% out on client sites.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Powerful client liaison, networking and following up new contacts.
- To have specific responsibility for the Production Hires side of the business (not Theatre), dealing with enquiries, qualifying the enquiry and establishing the client’s specification.
- Regular meetings with new and existing clients, creating and managing meetings from leads and networks.
- The exploration of potential enquiries and research opportunities to develop and expand our client's current customer base.
- Passing any established contacts onto the relevant Account Handlers.
- The investigation & follow up on all external Production queries in order to help maximise potential.
- Visit our client's flagship projects as a brand ambassador whenever the Account Handler/Manager is unavailable.
- Effectively communicating and handing over to the Production Dept. details of the clients’ brief, vision, scope of work and potential budget.
- Ensuring all job specific administration is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Attendance of trade shows to represent the company on our clients stand as required.
- Working alongside other members of the business, winning, production and broadcast teams and communicate effectively.
- Proactively follow up customer enquiries and quotations in a timely manner, within set timelines.
- The active use of CRM for updating opportunities, managing accounts and contacts.
- To supply timely market intelligence and forecasts to management.
- Following the correct procedures at all times and adhere to the policies laid out in the staff handbook.
- Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of InspHire asset management software and CRM, or similar databases and systems.
- You must have a strong business acumen; able to evaluate the economics, budgets and profit potential of enquiries/opportunities as well as deliver set targets.
- Working knowledge of the technical equipment currently deployed in the Production and Live Events sectors