£150 - 200 per day
0203 750 5973
over 1 year ago
Become an In2 Freelancer!
Due to the current uncertain economic conditions, we have seen a recent increase in the number of requests for flexible short-term cover and long-term 3, 6 or 12 months contract assignments with our AV clientele.
We are actively seeking freelance AV Event Technicians across the whole of the UK to work on-site at Financial institutions and large corporate customer sites covering the busy summer period.
Suitable candidates will be available for a quick start and have customer facing, corporate experience providing technical support involving all aspects of audio visual events set up and support.
Our contract / freelance roles would suit a seasoned freelancer looking for additional days/weeks work, or alternatively, someone in between jobs or out of work looking for a short to medium term solution.
Please note, actual day rates are dependant on specific site and experience/skill-set of workers.
Desired AV Events Technician experience:
- Experience using Digital desks such as Cl series, QL series, LS9, M7CL , etc
- Knowledge of industry standard radio mics ( i.e Shure ULXD ) – Some RF theory handy
- Audio to/from webcast, video conference and phone lines – Town hall scenario webcasts and video conference calls
- Liaising with call operators
- Mixing live audio for multiple presenters, panel sessions and high profile speakers – using multiple mics for resilience
- Avoiding audio ‘ring’ in challenging audio environments
- Correctly putting mics on presenters/Dealing with high profile presenters
- Experience with vision mixing, use of industry standard vision mixers
- Mixing to multiple outputs such as video conference and presentation screens simultaneously. Using auxes
- Setting camera shots and operation of remotely controlled cameras
- Playing videos from playback pro
- Mixing between multiple video and presentation sources. Use of backups for resilience
- Knowledge of power point/ Adobe presentations
- Knowledge of Scalers – such as Analogway/Broadscan
- Patching via a video matrix – some knowledge of video standards
Control: Some knowledge of Crestron/Extron/AMX processors and touch panels for patching of audio and video signals
Lighting: Any lighting experience welcomed but not essential.
The above is a very basic breakdown of some of the day to day skills required of an experienced event technician, but are not all essential. Generally, a few of these skills combined is enough and the rest can be taught.
In2 Resourcing are members of the REC and our team have decades of experience running temporary recruitment desks. Contractors can be assured of prompt weekly payment and full support with company formation or umbrella payroll set-up as well as contract compliance.