Circa 75k basic + 9k OTE
12 days ago
13 March 2020
My clients offer an Enterprise Video Content Delivery Network (CDN) to a large global client base offering a powerful return on investment. Due to organic growth within the DACH market, they are now seeking an experienced Solutions Architect to help provide Subject Matter expertise and support to the dynamic Enterprise Sales team.
Candidates will need to be based in the South of the UK with easy connections into London and be flexible for travel to UK customer sites and German travel (20%)
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Analysing onboarding clients’ technical environments to propose the best solutions and practices in on-site visits and remote consultations.
- Presenting the companies’ products and onboarding customers with adoption
- Collaborating with internal teams to troubleshoot customers’ technical issues as an SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Effectively communicating product requirements from the field back into engineering.
- Exceptional time management and organization to manage multiple projects requiring participation from various internal and external teams.
- Excellent customer service and consultation skills. The ability to understand customers’ business requirements and to convert them into technical solutions that meets their needs.
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills without prior exposure to the issue.
- Excellent presentation skills, and written and oral communications ability
- Experience and ownership of problem solving and solution development in restrictive customer environments
- Ability to debug web pages with browser tools
- Strong background in enterprise networking and security technologies including LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Proxies, unicast/multicast, NAT, VPNs etc.
- Experience in security and authentication systems including SSO, SAML, Active Directory, LDAP, ADFS, Group Policy Objects
- Understanding of server-side technologies including Web Servers (Apache, IIS) and Databases (MySQL)
- Experience in video technologies including video codecs (H.264, Flash), video streaming (RTSP, RTMP, HLS, Smooth, Dash) and Video Encoders
- Ability to work with Postman/JMeter or other API engines
- Understanding of CDN and caching solutions
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a software development organization using tools such as Atlassian stack including JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket
- Must be fluent in German
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly learn new tools and technologies
- Exceptional time management and organization, and the ability to manage a predefined project or process requiring the participation and assistance of individuals from multiple functional areas
- The ability to understand the business needs of customers and to explain how our solution can meet their needs at all levels, technical through to “C” Level
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of Sales Engineering and System Engineering experience
- Desirable Qualifications
- Appropriate network or security related qualifications (e.g. Cisco CCNA/CCNP)
- Appropriate Microsoft qualifications (e.g. MCSD)
- Other Professional level qualifications (e.g. PRINCE, ITIL)
Keywords: Solutions Architect, Sales Engineer, Pre-Sales Engineer, Enterprise Video, Online Video, Content Delivery, SDN, CDN, Networking